home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Friday, June 27, 2003

Lessons Learned:

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year in New England. It nearly topped 100 degrees in some places. Everyone who knows me knows how miserable I am in hot weather. That being said, it was appropriate to the theme of the day when I learned at 4:20 pm that I was turned down for a job in my hometown, Knoxville, Tennessee.

I will admit; I was sad, hurt, and angry at the same time. Why? I think I counted my chickens before they hatched. I don't really think I realized how much I wanted the position. Moreso, I don't think I realized how much I missed my hometown.

But just when everything was looking bleak, I realized something. Through contemplation, introspection, and last, but definitely not least, prayer, I saw just how green the grass really is on this side. How can I justify complaining about a silly rejection from some insignificant company when I am surrounded by an adoring wife, terrific pets, and some very nice co-workers who respect me in every way? Instead of whining, I should have been exhorting myself to enjoy the ones around me. And a baby on the way to boot! What nerve! Who am I to complain?

Alas, it is human nature to complain, even when things have never been better. This is a lesson that the Lord tries in vain, it seems, to teach me every so often. This time, in the heat of summer, I think something stuck. Be thankful for what you have, not regretful about what you don't.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 1:22 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!