home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Saturday, June 26, 2004

Home Depot and Lowe's have both been frequented by me quite often in recent months. That will happen when you have a new home, and you want to work on some things. Consequently, both Home Depot and Lowe's have gone out of their way to piss me off in the customer relations department.

To wit:

Home Depot delivers new appliances, yet refuses to take the old ones, and cannot install the gas stove, despite a paid agreement to do both.

Lowe's exhibits unwavering incompetence by placing an appliance in an aisle for sale without any pricing information, and without having anyone on staff who knows anything about the appliance in question.

These are just a couple of examples of my frustration.

However, I have decided that I need to choose one or the other to give my business. I have pondered this for weeks, and have not been able to decide. Then, I read this:

Retailer Home Depot Inc. is donating $1 million in tools and materials to support the U.S. military in Iraq.

The company said it is sending eight truck trailers to the military, filled with 100,000 tools and materials, including shovels, table saws, concrete mixers, safety scaffolding, power generators, light bulbs and jackhammers. The donated goods left San Diego on Thursday.


Home Depot it is.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 7:05 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!