home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, June 10, 2004

The Knoxville News-Sentinel reports that merging onto I-40 westbound and then subsequently exiting at James White Parkway is now going to be a traffic violation.

Drivers who ignore the restriction face a fine up to $50 and court costs of $97.25. DeBusk said the ticket would be for failure to obey a traffic device.

DeBusk said he hoped the change would reduce the number of crashes that officers investigate on 1,010-foot-long section of I-40 between the Broadway and James White Parkway ramps.

"There's no way to deny it's a major engineering flaw," he said. "The only way to stop it 100 percent is to redesign the road."


So poor engineering will cost a naive motorist $150? That's ridiculous. That whole intersection is a travesty anyway. Once, on my way home, going westbound, I weaved around a dozen or so potholes at the Broadway exit, and an officer had the nerve to cite me for "weaving". So I took pictures by hanging from a telephone pole above the intersection, took them to court as evidence, and had the citation thrown out of court. The judge said "I have sympathy for this man. I drive that route every day." Sometimes, justice is not blind.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:26 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!