home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Sunday, July 25, 2004

Dolphin Back Ricky Williams pulls a Barry Sanders:

Ricky Williams has decided to retire at the peak of his career, stunning the Miami Dolphins and leaving an enormous void in their backfield less than a week before the start of training camp.

The 27-year-old Williams, who rushed for 3,225 yards in two seasons with the Dolphins, told head coach Dave Wannstedt of his decision before leaving the country to begin several months of travel.

"I was completely surprised," Wannstedt said Sunday. "My main thought process was to try to get Ricky to come back here, sit down, talk about some things and see if we can get this thing back on track. He obviously chose to go another direction."


Says Williams, "I'm finally free." Yeah, that NFL lifestyle is a bitch, huh, Rick? It has to be tough to handle those millions of dollars and high paying endorsements for playing just 16 games per year (oh, don't forget preseason, and playoffs... sorry, I choked while laughing about typing Dolphins and playoffs in the same blog post, but I digress.) I'm not convinced that this isn't a holdout tactic, but we'll see. In the meantime, I guess I should delete Williams from my fantasy draft list.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 6:15 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!