home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Huh?

Government intervention, not just a better diet and daily exercise, is needed to combat obesity, public-health advocates and government officials said yesterday.

No. Wrong. It is not the place of government to "intervene" on the part of the obese. When is the idea that government serves to protect us from ourselves going to go away? Probably never, since much of the electorate likes to be protected.

Well, not this blogger. I eat what I like because it tastes good. I want the fat on my steak. I want butter on my biscuits. I want bacon on my cheeseburger. Don't make decisions about my diet, or my exercise regimen for me, OK?

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 8:02 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!