home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I was initially encouraged when I read about the "unification" of the three major IM clients (AIM, MSN, and Y!) until I noticed that it was only for the ENTERPRISE. When are these bozos going to come together with a common framework where any IM user and message any OTHER IM user? Probably never. They don't have incentive to do so, except... yes, for the ENTERPRISE.
 
The best solution for me has been Trillian, which allows me to run all three IM clients in one user interface. However, that still doesn't solve the problem of IMing someone on AIM when I am only logged onto MSN, and vice versa... or having a conference with an AIM user, 2 MSN users, and a Y! user. Sigh.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:31 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!