home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Incident at Times Square:

Police officers armed with automatic rifles and flanked by bomb-sniffing dogs flooded midtown Monday night, after a device exploded in the heart of Times Square.

Investigators say the device contained gunpowder and b-b's.

Police do not believe the incident was an act of terrorism but the United States Secret Service and the Joint Terrorism Task Force are both investigating the incident.


Lileks speculates that it could be another "dry run". I'm not so sure. The device was not very incendiary, as it was composed of BBs and gunpowder. My wife speculates that perhaps someone was just trying to see if they could get away with detonating ANY explosive device. I concede the possibility, yet I hope that I am right, and not Lileks and my wife.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:24 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!