home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, August 06, 2007

Just talked to my mom... My grandmother is hanging in there, but there's nothing the doctors can do but make her comfortable with morphine and O2.

I seem to be toggling between accepting the inevitable, and remembering how stubborn my grandmother is. They didn't expect her to last this long, and she has.

She's a fighter. Persistent. These are the same qualities that I have, and that my boys have. That is my grandmother's legacy.

She didn't have a great deal of influence in person. God knows she wanted to, but geography stood in the way. But through genetics, she will live on through my children.

Nonetheless, I'm not giving up on her just yet. I can eulogize her through blogging quite a bit, but I just can't bring myself yet to do it, not until she gives up the fight. I just can't. And I don't think she'd want me to either.

.: posted by Dave 9:45 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!