home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Friday, August 10, 2007

Sources of Comfort:

Psalm 116:15 says " Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints."

Isaiah 57:1 says " The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart; Merciful men are taken away,
While no one considers that the righteous is taken away from evil."

I read both of these verses in the Adventist Review by a woman who had lost her son in a car wreck. She speaks of how she dealt with the grief, and how she went to God for comfort, and for answers.

I've been trying to do the same thing - turning to God for guidance. I'm still sorting out this mess, asking why. Why now. Why ever.

I trust that God will give me answers. "Seek and you shall find", He says.

One sentence is particularly poignant. The author says "What God allowed to happen will be for the best in the long run, even if we don't understand." She's right. I don't understand. And I believe what happened is for the best, even if I cannot make sense of it.

But someday I will understand, even if it isn't until my reunion with my Granny in eternity. I just wish I could understand right now.

.: posted by Dave 11:31 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!