home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, December 03, 2007

I just received an email from our church secretary for this week's prayer requests. In it, she mentions a car accident in Mississippi in which the great-grandson of one of our church members died. He was only nine years old.

Not long ago, our church secretary lost her granddaughter.

In the last two years, not many in our congregation have not been touched with the loss of someone close, including me, as anyone who has read this blog knows.

As I read the email this afternoon, I cried. Death has become so normal, so typical, yet the news that a little boy had died... it touched me. I believe I am much more keenly aware of death now. Being responsible for the lives of three little boys, and thinking every day about the loss of my wonderful grandmother has humbled me, and has made me much more sympathetic for losses such as these.

I cannot begin to imagine losing any of my boys. I hope I never have to go through that pain. God be with anyone who has to deal with such tragedy.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 3:00 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!