home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, December 10, 2007

Interesting stuff about the Hollywood writers' strike here.

I've been lamenting the fact that 24 will likely be delayed for quite some time, but I'm starting to find a comparable amount of entertainment in reading the Hollywood Daily site, and the whining of the posters there.

I will admit that I don't know all of the facts because, well, I'm just not that interested in taking sides on this issue. But if it's true that the average writer makes $230,000 per year, then I'm not sure that I, or Joe Everyman is going to side with them on this issue.

Even funnier are the claims that this strike is "ruining lives"... of TV watchers! Please. I would argue that an absence of the tripe typically featured on TV these days is a Godsend for families. Now people have an excuse to actually SPEND TIME together instead of vegging out in front of the idiot box.

Here's hoping both sides hemorrhage enough to come back to reality, and that they figure out that maybe a strike in an industry that, while useful, is not necessary to the sustainence of mankind, just isn't that great of an idea. And hey... maybe the public will get out of this some quality programming in the aftermath. Eh, no, that would be asking too much.

UPDATE: Some of the funnier hyperbole...

"now we must eat the food SOVA gives us in the soup lines in West Los Angeles."

"I’m sure reality writers would love to stop working in literal sweatshops where the greedy producers won’t even pay for air conditioning while their slave labor writers toil all weekend with no overtime."

Hhmph. Somehow, I'm not feeling much sympathy.

.: posted by Dave 1:44 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!