home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Andy's Confusion:

Andrew Sullivan, with whom I agree on many things, seems perplexed about President Bush's statement regarding equal marriage rights. Bush said the following:

"Yes, I am mindful that we're all sinners. And I caution those who may try to take the speck out of the neighbor's eye when they've got a log in their own. I think it's very important for our society to respect each individual, to welcome those with good hearts, to be a welcoming country. On the other hand, that does not mean that somebody like me needs to compromise on an issue such as marriage. And that's really where the issue is headed here in Washington, and that is the definition of marriage. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman. And I think we ought to codify that one way or the other. And we've got lawyers looking at the best way to do that."

Where is Sullivan's confusion? Isn't it obvious that the President views marriage as the union of a man and a woman? Read: "I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman. And I think we ought to codify that one way or the other." Quite simply, a proponent of equal marriage rights, as Sullivan is, should be disheartened by Bush's comments. The Christian Coalition, however, should be thrilled.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 11:38 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!