home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, August 14, 2003

More fees:

I am really growing weary of hidden fees. "What the consumer don't know won't hurt 'em." I hate that mentality. It's like the $350 "handling fee" when you buy a car. In today's Hartford Courant, I read that cellphone providers have been tacking on fees for "cost recovery" because of the new number portability law. This means that, even if I do not plan to move my number from one provider to another, I am still paying for it. I would much rather pay for it if I actually decide to change providers. This indiscriminant addition of fees and stipends in all facets of our daily lives has to stop. I don't mind paying for value-added services, but at least disclose them, and show me what I am paying for.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 8:02 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!