home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, October 27, 2003

The post office wants to start IDing the mail. Not just parcels, but all mail. There is a movement afoot to strip as much anonymity as possible from our daily lives, all in the name of security. Some level of security is necessary, and proper. However, if it comes down to a choice between security and freedom, I will choose freedom every time. This is one of those cases. I do not want my mail monitored, and stored in a database. I do not wish to be required to present photo ID just to remit a bill, or send a Christmas card to my mom. I'm as concerned with the cost of such measures as I am the inherent intrusiveness accompanying them. Imagine the increased overhead for simply maintaining and tracking a simple envelope. There may well be a plausible reason for monitoring some things, but a $.37 letter is not one of them.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:55 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!