home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Sunday, March 07, 2004

After two+ days offline, due to a complete home computer upgrade, I am finally back. The PCMCIA slot on my laptop went kaput, so I decided to make a server out of the old laptop, and buy a new one. I settled on a Dell Inspiron 1100, 2.4 GHz, with 512 MB RAM, which only cost me slightly above $900. I refuse to pay over a grand for a computer these days. Call me cheap. Anyway, I didn't like the bloatware that came preinstalled, so I installed XP on the main partition, and 2000 Professional on the second one. I have a third partition for all data, and a fourth one that will house Linux, probably Mandrake 9.2. I still have to reinstall all of my development tools, so this upgrade is going to be long and arduous. In the meantime, I guess I will blog later tonight, after I finish some Sunday housecleaning, and assembling my son's crib. Anyhow, it's good to be back, and with some added computing "uumph".

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 11:56 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!