home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Atkins dieters rejoice...

Dieters following the low-carbohydrate, Atkins regime have two new studies that support their lifestyle. The studies published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, showed that low-carb dieters lost just as much or more weight as low-fat dieters. Surprising some nutritionists, the Atkins group also showed lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol.

I have known this for a long time, even before it became a fad. When I used to eat mainly meats and vegetables, I was as thin as a rail, and my metabolism was sky high. When I went to processed foods, and carbs, it had the opposite effect.

The only problem with the Atkins' lifestyle is the lack of tasty alternatives. Nothing beats my wife's macaroni and cheese, or her biscuits, or her chicken casserole, or... er, never mind. I'm making myself hungry.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 11:17 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!