home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, September 09, 2004

Just when I was getting excited about the 49c downloads on Real, they jack the price up to 99c. So much for the myriad albums I was planning to buy. Since most of what I buy is older music, I know I can find them cheaper on eBay or at used record stores.

Quite simply, the downloadable music model, given its restrictions using DRM, will not succeed when the companies charge almost the same price for the download as they do the entire album. The only thing that I can find appealing about this model with its present pricing structure is that I can buy a single song instead of an entire album. But for older artists, compilations, etc., they need to keep the costs low. Otherwise, they will lose at least one paying customer.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 12:58 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!