home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Saturday, October 02, 2004

October Reading:

This month, I'm working on four books simultaneously. Will I finish them by Election Day? I doubt it. But I'm going to try.

  • From the political genre comes Intellectual Morons, which interests me because I often wonder why people go off the ideological deep end.

  • From the suspense category, we have the Romanov Prophecy, detailing the adventures of Miles Lord in Russia and ties to the Bolshevik Revolution and a cryptic message from Rasputin. (I have a thing for historical thrillers).

  • Since I liked the DaVinci Code, I thought I would like more background into the Knights Templar, the Priory of Sion, etc. The Templar Revelation looks like just the thing to satisfy my curiosity into the conspiracy theories that abound regarding Mary Magdalene, Christ, and John the Baptist.

  • And finally, there's this little novel. Call it an intellectual exercise studying the not-so-intellectual world of college football fanaticism. Warren St. John's Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer follows the cult of the Alabama Crimson Tide for a season in a $5500 beat up RV. So far, this has been a very interesting tome.

    All four of these are available on e-book, so I can get lots of reading done in places like... the bathroom stall at work, the grocery store line, and in bed when sleep is elusive. On second thought, maybe I will finish them by Election Day.

    Labels:

    .: posted by Dave 8:34 PM





  • Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

    Contact me through Guru.com.




    Opinari Archives


    Recommended Reading


    Blogroll Me!












    Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

    This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!