home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, November 01, 2004

Adventures in Election Day Web Design:

Well, since I am new in Enfield, I thought I would peruse the town website to see where my local voting precinct was located. Here's the link. Not surprisingly, the site renders fine in Internet Explorer, but not in the much more stable Firefox browser. Apparently, the XML stylesheet has a parsing issue, which says to me that the web designer isn't using standard XML... probably auto-generated by some Microsoft WYSIWYG editor.

After checking the source, I found this...

{meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"}
{meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"}
{meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"}

It figures.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 7:56 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!