home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, December 16, 2004

MetroPulse, Knoxville's weekly newspaper, congratulates Knox Metro area schools Maryville, Alcoa, and Fulton for winning state football championships. I concur with the sentiment, but one statement struck me as odd:

The whole Knoxville area should revel in the victories; they are so unusual when they come to a single community. The schools are barely 20 miles apart, and they are strong academic as well as athletic institutions.

Now, I've been away from Knoxville for a few years, and I know things change, but... since when is Fulton considered a strong academic institution?

Disclaimer: I have several good friends who graduated from Fulton, so I take some license in disparaging them... in jest, of course.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 7:18 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!