home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Sunday, June 19, 2005

Say, anyone know what's going on with SKB's blog? Threats? Intimidation?

UPDATE: Well, now we know. It seems Mr. Conley, part owner of that alternative weekly called MetroPulse, initiated a rather interesting conversation with SKB. Read their email exchange here.

A comment on the whole kerfuffle... I respect SKB and his opinions, many with which I disagree. I also understand SKB's desire for anonymity, as his business interests could be affected. After all, in a world of "good ol' boys", if the GOB network disagrees with your politics, it stands to reason that they might not do business with you. My belief is that one's politics should not determine one's viability as a business partner. I feel the same way about religion.

Thus, I can see how Conley's veiled threats could be taken as a need to beat Conley to the punch, so to speak. It is true that SKB outed himself, but only because of Conley's actions. One has to wonder what Conley's motivations were in starting this brouhaha (in fact, some of the commenters have already begun to speculate). Regardless of the motive, Conley was way off base, and should apologize at the very least.

In the meantime, I think I am in agreement with many bloggers that MetroPulse is not worth my time, and until appropriate action is taken, neither are their advertisers. And another thing, agree with him or not, SKB has a very informative, and entertaining blog. I will continue to read it daily, and I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 8:43 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!