home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Saturday, December 31, 2005

This will be my final blog post of 2005. I am somewhat disappointed that I could not blog as prolifically this year as I did in previous years. Since I started blogging in 2002, I have found that it is an enjoyable hobby. It allows me to vent, to opine, and to share certain things about my life that I just think are worth sharing. Perhaps 2006 will be more accommodating to my desire to blog than 2005 was. If I were to speculate though, I would guess that my wife will probably blog more than I will.

So what to think of 2005... I would say that it was fatiguing if you are a political junkie. Really, the biting and snipping ad nauseum just gets old. I find myself avoiding blogs that engage in the rancorous namecalling and such. To wit:

"Bush is a bastard."
"FSCK BUSHCO!"
"Cheney is the Devil!"

These things are not worthy of being read, nor are their many derivatives. I think political blogs will begin to evolve in the marketplace of ideas. They will survive only if they can provide some real insight. That is my hope anyway.

But 2005, in the "real world", was simply amazing. On January 1st, I was watching TV, rooting for the Vols in the Cotton Bowl alongside my beautiful wife and our infant son. We were firmly rooted in Connecticut, with no plans to go elsewhere. Basically, we were doing the best we could with what we had. I had very few complaints.

Turn the clock to December 31st. We've moved to Texas. I have made a major career move. We have a brand new house, car, and a baby boy due any minute now (literally). Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, it did.

I usually reserve Thanksgiving for... er, giving thanks, but I think as this year comes to a close, I'm going to thank the Lord for several things:

  • My wife, without whom I would be lost.
  • My son, without whom I would take life far too seriously.
  • My new son, who isn't yet here, but whose arrival is highly anticipated.
  • The health of all of my loved ones and friends.
  • My church families in Texas, Connecticut, and Tennessee.
  • The position God has placed me in to be able to provide for my family without requiring my wife to work outside of the home. That stability for my children means more to me than I can ever express.
  • Perspective. Kids and family give you plenty of that.
  • Freedom, and the efforts of our armed forces to guarantee it to millions around the world who know very little about it.
  • God, and His infinite love.


  • It all may sound trite, or corny, but I don't care tonight. I'm damned lucky to be where I am. The least I can do is blog about it.

    Happy New Year to everyone!

    Labels:

    .: posted by Dave 9:15 PM





    Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

    Contact me through Guru.com.




    Opinari Archives


    Recommended Reading


    Blogroll Me!












    Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

    This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!