home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Friday, June 09, 2006

This week's work agenda has consisted of intensive SQL administration training. One student in particular just makes me laugh out loud.

One exchange with the instructor:

Student: So I was wondering what effect load balancing would have on my production servers.

Instructor: I cannot answer that without knowing more about your servers.

Student: Oh.

- pause -

Student: Well, I was just wondering what effect load balancing would have on my production server.


These conversations have happened daily. You can see the frustration on the instructor's face. The student just cannot understand that the instructor cannot, or will not, answer his question. I keep hoping that the instructor will give him a convoluted response just to satisfy him.

Student: So I was wondering what effect load balancing would have on my production servers.

Instructor: Yes! In fact, it might even save you money on your car insurance!

Student: Wow! Really? That's the best news I've had all day.


Maybe that sort of answer would be sufficient, because obviously "I don't know" isn't working.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:48 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!