home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, August 31, 2006

I've not followed much about the "secret holds" story in the news lately, but I see that Senators Stevens and Byrd, two of the most pork-loving legislators in history, were behind it.

Now, it seems to me like such tactics take the tyranny of the minority to a new level. What bothers me more is that these public servants chose to hold up a bill that would make the public trough more visible. To me, this isn't a left or right issue. This is an issue about how we are governed, and there is nothing wrong with transparent governance... unless someone up there on Capitol Hill is afraid of being accountable. And that's probably why they are so afraid of S. 2590 anyway.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 4:17 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!