home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Monday, September 11, 2006

Today is the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States. Most of the world has some sort of remembrance of that day today. Even the enclaves of anti-Americanism overseas have remembered the day, but as a celebration of sorts. But do the bright guys at Google have anything to say today? Any logo celebrating the heroism of America’s firefighters and policemen? Any graphic lamenting the loss of nearly three thousand people that day? Nope. Just the good ol’ Google logo.



Now don’t get me wrong. I don’t believe everyone has to jump on the bandwagon of sorrow. Life goes on, and all that. But this is the same company that gives us yearly logo changes of such things as Secretaries Day and Earth Day. But no 9/11 memorial?

So, as of today, I’ve had it with Google. I sold their stock a long time ago when they became complicit with the oppressive Chinese government and became their official content filter. I’ve stopped using them for anything except web search. I haven’t even checked my GMail account since 2005. Today’s oversight is the last straw. I’m swearing off Google.

UPDATE: Just for posterity, let's look at some other popular search engines.

MSN:



Yahoo:



Dogpile:



And of course, above, we have good ol' Google. I guess at Google, they would hate to offend the theocrats and totalitarians of the world, and all that.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 1:37 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!