home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I’ve had about as much post-election coverage as I can stomach in the last few hours. Other than the things about which I have already remarked, what has struck me has been the tone of conversation coming from Republicans in comparison to what we heard throughout 2000, 2002 and 2004.

The standard Republican mantra today has been “the American people have spoken”, or “let’s learn from our mistakes, and regroup for 2006.”

The common Democratic position in past elections was “Bush cheated” or “Diebold!” or “I’m taking the first flight to Paris and never coming back.”

In other words, we have “here’s what we did wrong” as opposed to “here’s what they did wrong.” In my estimation, in the limited time of my life in which I have followed politics closely, I have to say that, while I shudder at the thought of dealing with liberal governance, I also believe that Republicans make better losers than Democrats. And maybe that means the bile emanating from Washington will be less prominent. Or, maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 3:15 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!