home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Thursday, November 16, 2006

Milton Friedman died today at the age of 94. I’m not an economist, but I have studied the discipline a bit. I consider Friedman to be one of the most important people of my lifetime. He popularized the phrase “there’s no such thing as a free lunch”. In fact, it was the title of one of his many books. His economic philosophy was rooted in the free market. He was an obvious influence on the policies of both Reagan and Bush 43.

I’m inspired today to find a copy of “Capitalism and Freedom” and read it. I only wish more of our elected officials would too. I’m sad to hear of Mr. Friedman’s passing, and I can only hope that his ideas don’t die with him.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 2:57 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!