Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Observations Post-Election 2006:
- There is something to be said for an opposition party. Quite plainly, one party rule is dangerous, and pulls the country too far in one direction – at least the electorate expressed this view yesterday.
- In the House, look for Pelosi and company to start the anti-Bush ball rolling at some point. Get ready for “All Impeachment, All the Time”
- If GOP had governed with the principles upon which they were elected, I believe they would still be holding majority rule. Inexplicably, conservative governance went into extended hibernation between 2004 and 2006. They have only themselves to blame.
- Ironically, the Democrats had to recruit moderate to conservative candidates to put their liberal leadership in power.
- Maybe we’ll actually see a few vetoes issued from the Presidential pen.
- Maybe the Democrats in Congress will now divulge an actual plan for governance that isn’t “we’re not Bush”.
- Note to Republicans: the sun still rises in the East. Learn from your mistakes. Return to your original ideals of limited government and low tax rates and you’ll be back in power in no time.
- Note to Democrats: don’t get cocky, and don’t overstep your bounds. You still were given only a narrow legislative majority. If you learn anything from the last few years, it’s that political capital only goes so far.
- If anything, the next two years, at least for political junkies, should be quite interesting.
.: posted by