home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Unwanted Tech Support Hat -

One of my many I.S. hats, besides that of developer, analyst, and project manager is that of occasional tech support. Tech support, needless to say, is not my favorite hat. Today's tidbit probably illustrates why.

A lady called me this morning, frantic, because she had a dialog window that she couldn't get rid of. She was frustrated that she couldn't do her work. I remoted into her machine and saw that an MS Access macro had stopped and gave her an error message.

The message had one button on it that was usable - HALT. So this being Christmas and all, I respectfully clicked the HALT button. She was blissfully thankful and proceeded to complete her work as if nothing had happened.

So, Santa, if you're reading my blog, do me a favor. Instead of giving me a gift this year, take something back. This stupid tech support hat. It just doesn't seem to fit very comfortably.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 10:28 AM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!