home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, January 02, 2007

An Eventful Holiday Season:

The clan and I are back home, finally, 3200 miles and 12 states later. Traveling with 2 infants, one large dog, and a tired wife is no picnic sometimes, but it’s my family we’re talking about and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. In 16 days, we visited friends in Illinois, and family in Michigan and Knoxville. We received so many gifts, it required the purchase of a cargo carrier to transport them. Our families are terrific. I don’t know what we’d do without them. And Michigan and Knoxville are great places, especially Knoxville, which I truly miss. But for the first time in forever, I left Knoxville not missing it. I missed my family, but not the town. Perhaps I’ve outgrown it. Perhaps I’ve finally laid my familial foundation here in Texas, and am encouraged that this is indeed my home.

For sure, my wife was happy to get back. She was fatigued and in obvious need of rest, for this 16 day sojourn was certainly not a vacation. A three-year old and a one-year old will take everything out of you.

Well, it turns out that things are about to get a little more fatiguing. How’s that? Well, ladies and gents, the Opinari household is about to welcome another mouth to feed. We don’t know exactly when, but at least we know how it happened. Heh. My wife and I will in 7-8 months have not one, not two, but three little ones in diapers (unless my three year old quickly learns that he needs to use the potty all the time, and not just when he remembers.)

I’ve learned a bit with some introspection today. I’ve learned that it’s not relocating that is our secret to fertility. It’s travel. I’ve learned that diapers will be omnipresent in my house… well, at least until the next mid-term Congressional elections in 2010. I’ve learned that fatigue and sleeplessness is perpetual, but easily dealt with using the tools God gave us – with caffeine. Wonderful caffeine. This means that I will have to augment my cache of Caffeine Free Diet Mountain Dew with some caffeinated stuff, but that’s okay. I’ll manage. I’ve learned that even when the financial tap seems dry, you can (almost) always make room for another little one. I’ve learned that you can never have enough love in your home. And, I’ve learned that God has given me the most wonderful gifts I could have ever imagined.

Two gorgeous baby boys, a beautiful, devoted wife, and a third child on the way.



Life is good.

Sit back and enjoy the next several months. It should be a blast.

.: posted by Dave 5:21 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!