home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This is quite possibly the most poignant, yet most concise post I've read in quite some time regarding the positives of homeschooling.

Saith the author:

"One, parents who have strong, conservative religious values don’t want their kids going to public school. Although I’m not an ultra-Christian (I am a Christian), I understand their concerns completely. If you haven’t read it, take a look at this previous post.

"The other group of parents who opt for homeschooling are the ones who just don’t think that public schools are doing a very good job of educating their kids, and they want to do it themselves. (That’s very American in the original sense, by the way.)"


To the author's points, my wife and I subscribe to both groups. We believe that today's kids both lack a moral compass and a discernable academic direction. And, like the author, it will be a cold day in hell before my children darken the doorstep of a public school.

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 1:32 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!