home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Blue Christmas:

My son, ever the volatile one, in a fit of anger over being put to bed, decided to destroy his blinds. His Levelor, not-cheap, not-a-good-time-to-be-broken-because-it's-Christmas blinds.

I'm not much for suffering fools, or children with poor impulse control, so I'm glad I was at work during this debacle. My wife and I decided that a call to Santa would be sufficient to convey our disappointment in him. Plus we decided that Santa should deduct a coveted toy from his upcoming bounty, probably the candy apple red remote control Mustang that looks like it kicks... er, you know.

Needless to say, he was very upset. But my wife explained to him that when he disobeys, bad things happen. She told him over and over and over that the blinds are not a toy, and not to play with the blinds, and he didn't obey, and they broke, so Santa had to hear about it.

Apparently, he threatened to get the phone and say, "Hi, Santa. Please bring me my red Mustang and some trucks," and not give my wife the phone to say not to bring them. Silly child. He thinks sequestering the phone will prevent his parents from contacting Santa.

A lesson learned? Maybe not. But definitely a lesson taught. One of these days, this sort of counseling will sink into the boy's head. That day cannot come soon enough.

Labels: , ,

.: posted by Dave 2:33 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!