home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, March 22, 2005

An update on PyMusique, as posted several days ago... it seems that the software was broken by Apple, then it was reimplemented. So the race is on between those of us who hate DRM and those of us who want to attach it to digital downloads. I say the former will win, every time.

Speaking of Apple, they are offering five free songs when you sign up for iTunes using Paypal as your method of payment. Well, I swore I would never use iTunes, but I decided to give it a whirl, and... well, I have yet to receive my five free songs. Why? Because, despite my address and phone number matching exactly the one on file with my bank, and despite receiving FOUR verification notices from Paypal, iTunes seems to think I am not who I say I am.

So, when I legitimately try to buy music, their e-commerce logic becomes a hindrance. Yet, if I want to download copied songs, I can do so seamlessly, and even anonymously. Is there any wonder why file sharing is so prevalent?

Labels:

.: posted by Dave 9:42 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!