home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Friday, August 03, 2007

Being Young and Being Old Sucks:

The other prevailing thought I'm having today is how the youngest and the oldest members of my family are struggling. Life is rough for the newborn and the elderly. Many people can criticize the American health care system, but it's still the best in the world. I thank God my family is here and not somewhere else.

What lacks here in America specifically is geriatric care for those who do not have a fortune to spend on it. That is where we are failing. Seniors should be able to have more dignity than is afforded them. How many thought they'd end up neglected in a convalescent center somewhere? Or that they'd be demented in a corner wasting away?

Who is to blame? The caregivers? Insurers? Patients themselves? Government? Yes, perhaps, to all of the above. More accurately though, who cares who is to blame? All need to work harder to make sure the elderly get better care at the end of their lives.

I don't have the answers. All I know is that my son has received the best care available, and my grandmother, until she was critical, did not. And that needs to change.

.: posted by Dave 5:52 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!