home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Finality:


The funeral was Tuesday. Many people came to visit, several that I haven't seen in years. All were appreciated.

Granny was buried next to her father and her mother, my Mamaw. I can visit them in tandem that way.

Before they put her in the ground, I kissed her coffin and said goodbye. "She's only there temporarily," I said to no one in particular.

The picture above is of Granny's rocking chair. I'm so used to seeing her in it, it doesn't seem possible that she isn't there now. I keep waiting for her to come and sit down but she doesn't. And she won't.

I will feel her presence every time I sit in the rocker. Her strength and her love will remain in me forever.

Goodbye, Granny, until we meet again in the presence of our Lord.

Love always,
Davey

.: posted by Dave 11:42 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!