home | archives

Opinari.net

Opinari - Latin term for Opinion. Opinari.net is just what it seems: a cornucopia of rants, raves and poignant soliloquy.


Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Rainbow Days"

Our pastor this morning is talking about the concept of "rainbow days", which means that it is easy on such days, it is remarkably easy to feel the presence of God. These days are such that no matter what happens, everything seems easier, and God seems omnipresent in everything.

Indeed, most of the last five years of my life have been those kinds of days. It has been easy to see my wife, kids, family, church, home, etc. and be able to talk to God and to thank Him "without ceasing".

As my blogreaders know, those days went away on August 1, as the birth of my third son became precariously complex, and the illness of my grandmother became terminal. In fact, I've wondered if those days will ever return.

The fact is this - it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because whether I am having a "rainbow day" or what the pastor calls an "AWOL day", God is still with me.

I believe I mistakenly took God for granted in my life. I will strive never to do that again. He has gotten me through the maelstrom of worry and grief of these last weeks. No matter what happens, He will continue to do so, as long as I am prayerful, diligent, and sincere in my walk with Him.

Now I see His presence in all things, whether they are good days or bad. I turn to Him in both good times and bad. He wants me to turn to Him for everything. This is my challenge, one that I plan to accept from this point forward.

.: posted by Dave 12:00 PM





Need ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, or Access development?

Contact me through Guru.com.




Opinari Archives


Recommended Reading


Blogroll Me!












Proudly blogging on a Treo 650 using Vagablog 1.9.

This page powered by Blogger, and yours should be, too!